About 15 people were killed in the bomb blast in Suleja, Niger State.
Just after the blast, the president had promised the Corps members immediate employment after their service.
The corps members, who spoke through their leader, Ethelbert Ezuezuemeh, said that the president promised them automatic employment.
Mr. Ezuezuemeh said on Monday in Abuja that the call became imperative to remind the president of his promise.
“The affected corps members are still unemployed as all avenues to reach the presidency have failed,” he said.
On April 8, 2011 at about 6 p.m., a bomb exploded at the INEC office in Suleja, killing about 15 people and injuring 46 INEC ad-hoc staff including 10 serving NYSC members.
The president during his visit to the victims of the blast at the University of Abuja Teaching Hospital, Gwagwalada, assured the corps members of best medical care and promised to provide them automatic employment.
Mr. Ezuezuemeh said that one year and eight months after the completion of their national service they had not been contacted or offered the automatic employment.
“We are urging the president to consider the pains, trauma and disabilities we went through,” he said.
He said that series of letters of reminders had been written to the president through various offices and organisations, including the Public Complaints Commission and through some senators.
“We, the injured corps members have written letters to the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Vice President, Chief of Staff, Senate President and Speaker of the House of Representative,” he said.
Mr. Ezuezuemeh said that it is so unfortunate that INEC recently recruited 1,500 staff without considering any of the corps members.
“Even, government agencies like National Population Commission, CBN and Immigrations have been recruiting without giving considerations to the victims of the blast,” he said.