Only the building was damaged by the incident.
Mr. Mba said the incident was a “mere fire outbreak” at a shopping complex in the area.
The spokesperson, who addressed journalists, said “It is unfortunate that some people have gone to town to report that it was an explosion”.
He said the fire outbreak was triggered by an electrical fault that started from a laundry shop at the shopping complex.
“The big sound that caused the false alarm came from the compressor of the air conditioning system at the shop,” he said.
He said no live was lost in the incident but the building was damaged.
He advised property owners to always provide safety equipment in their buildings and to ensure strict adherence to safety precautions in order to avoid similar occurrence in future.
Support PREMIUM TIMES' journalism of integrity and credibility
Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.
TEXT AD: To advertise here . Call Willie +2347088095401...