The deadly sect says it has put its house in order for more attacks
Gunmen, early Monday, attacked the headquarters of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, in Abuja leading to a shootout for many hours.
The men are believed to be members of the Boko Haram sect who attempted to free their members being held by the police.
PREMIUM TIMES learnt that the attack was repelled by the police. No casualty was reported.
The daring attack came less than 24 hours after suspected Boko Haram members detonated explosives at a church in a major military training compound in Jaji, Kaduna State.
A man, who claimed to be a senior member of the sect told PREMIUM TIMES, Monday, that “we (the group) have put our house in order and Nigerians have not seen anything yet.”
Police Force spokesperson, Frank Mba, could not be reached for comment.
Security operatives have already cordoned the Apo area of Abuja where the attack occured.
A manhunt has already been launched to locate the attackers who security sources believe are still hiding around the vicinity.
The security forces last week declared the leaders of the sect wanted, placing a bounty on them.
Support PREMIUM TIMES' journalism of integrity and credibility
Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.
TEXT AD: To advertise here . Call Willie +2347088095401...