Over 500 persons will be airlifted to Saudi Arabia on Wednesday September 19.
More than 500 intending pilgrims will be transported to Saudi Arabia on Wednesday September 19, aboard the inaugural flight for the 2012 hajj, an official said.
The Head of Public Relations, National Hajj Commission of Nigeria, NAHCON, Uba Mana, said that the transportation of pilgrims for the 2012 exercise would begin at the Malam Aminu Kano International Airport, Kano.
Mr. Mana said in Abuja that arrangements had been concluded for the flag-off of the exercise, which would be followed by the transportation of pilgrims at other centres across the country.
He said that the commission is committed to complying with the 30-day period given by the Saudi authorities for the airlift of the pilgrims to the holy land.
NAHCON and other stakeholders would mobilise the necessary resources at their disposal to meet the 30-day period, Mr. Mana said.
Mr. Mana was optimistic that pilgrims would continue to comply with the commission’s directives to ensure a peaceful Hajj operation.
He said that the commission’s team would be at the airport to receive and take the pilgrims to their various accommodations as they arrive in the holy land.
A total of 95 thousand Nigerians are expected to perform the 2012 Hajj.
Support PREMIUM TIMES' journalism of integrity and credibility
Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.
TEXT AD: To advertise here . Call Willie +2347088095401...