The European Court of Human Rights rejected an appeal by Norwegian mass killer Anders Behring Breivik who says his prison condition amount to inhuman or degrading treatment, the court said on Thursday.
“The Strasbourg Court found that its examination of the case did not reveal any violations of the Convention, and rejected the application as inadmissible for being manifestly ill-founded,” the court said in a statement.
Breivik, who has legally changed his name to Fjotolf Hansen, killed 77 people in a car bomb in central Oslo and a shooting spree on Utoeya Island in 2011, in the worst act of violence in the Nordic country since World War Two.
Breivik had been seeking to overturn a March 2017 decision by a Norwegian appeals court that ruled that his near-isolation in a three-room cell respected human rights. (Reuters/NAN)
Support PREMIUM TIMES' journalism of integrity and credibility
Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.
TEXT AD: To advertise here . Call Willie +2347088095401...