European human right court rejects mass killer Breivik’s appeal

Norwegian mass killer Anders Behring Breivik. [Photo credit: The Telegraph]
Norwegian mass killer Anders Behring Breivik. [Photo credit: The Telegraph]

The European Court of Human Rights rejected an appeal by Norwegian mass killer Anders Behring Breivik who says his prison condition amount to inhuman or degrading treatment, the court said on Thursday.

“The Strasbourg Court found that its examination of the case did not reveal any violations of the Convention, and rejected the application as inadmissible for being manifestly ill-founded,” the court said in a statement.

Breivik, who has legally changed his name to Fjotolf Hansen, killed 77 people in a car bomb in central Oslo and a shooting spree on Utoeya Island in 2011, in the worst act of violence in the Nordic country since World War Two.

Breivik had been seeking to overturn a March 2017 decision by a Norwegian appeals court that ruled that his near-isolation in a three-room cell respected human rights. (Reuters/NAN)


NEVER MISS A THING AGAIN! Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required

DOWNLOAD THE PREMIUM TIMES MOBILE APP

Now available on

  Premium Times Android mobile applicationPremium Times iOS mobile applicationPremium Times blackberry mobile applicationPremium Times windows mobile application

TEXT AD: To place a text-based advert here. Call Willie - +2347088095401


All rights reserved. This material and any other material on this platform may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, written or distributed in full or in part, without written permission from PREMIUM TIMES.