Officials from Malaysia, Australia and China are meeting in June to discuss how to proceed with the search for disappeared flight MH370.
The Malaysian government said on Thursday in Kuala Lumpur that the three recovered plane parts – two in Mozambique and one on the French island of Reunion – were judged to be from the missing flight.
Abdul-Aziz Kaprawi, Malaysia’s Deputy Transport Minister, said a huge underwater search was ongoing, but that the main body of the plane was yet to be found.
Mr. Kaprawi also said 103,000 square kilometres of the 120,000-square-kilometre search area in the southern Indian Ocean, where the plane was suspected to have crashed, had been covered, so far.
The flight with 239 people aboard, most of them Chinese, disappeared nearly an hour after it took off from Kuala Lumpur International Airport on March 8, 2014.
Support PREMIUM TIMES' journalism of integrity and credibility
Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.
TEXT AD: To advertise here . Call Willie +2347088095401...