Drone Attack: Saudi to resume full oil production by month’s end

OPEC
OPEC [PHOTO CREDIT: Zero Hedge]

Saudi Arabia’s energy minister Abdulaziz bin Salman said that half of the crude oil pro

duction that was disrupted due to the weekend attack on Aramco’s oil facilities had been restored.

Mr Salman made this known at a news conference on Tuesday.

“Over the past two days, we were able to contain the damage and restore more than half of the production that was disrupted due to the terrorist attack,” he said.

He added that Aramco will fulfill all its commitments towards its clients this month through withdrawing from its stocks of crude oil.

He expected that the production capacity will return to 11 million barrels per day by the end of September and to 12 million barrels by the end of November.

“Not a single shipment to an international customer has been or will be missed or canceled as a result of these attacks,” Aramco’s CEO Amin Nasser told journalists in Jeddah.

Drone attacks at the weekend targeted two facilities operated by Saudi state oil giant Aramco in the eastern province of Buqyaq, forcing the kingdom to halt about half its oil supplies afterwards.

Earlier in the day, Saudi Arabia’s King Salman bin Abdelaziz said that the kingdom is able to deal with the consequences of the “cowardly attacks” that targeted the Saudi oil facilities.

In a cabinet meeting, the king said the attacks not only target the kingdom’s vital facilities, but also the global oil supply and the stability of the world economy.

Advertisement

nlng Campaign AD

The “kingdom will defend its lands and vital facilities, and is able to respond to such acts whatever their source is,” said the cabinet.

Oil prices were sent soaring following the attacks, which were claimed by Houthi rebel fighters in Yemen who are backed by Iran. (dpa/NAN)

Advertisement

PT Mag Campaign AD

Support PREMIUM TIMES' journalism of integrity and credibility

Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.

For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.

By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.

Donate


NEVER MISS A THING AGAIN! Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required

DOWNLOAD THE PREMIUM TIMES MOBILE APP

Now available on

  Premium Times Android mobile applicationPremium Times iOS mobile applicationPremium Times blackberry mobile applicationPremium Times windows mobile application

TEXT AD: This space is available for a Text_Ad.. Call Willie on +2347088095401 for more information


All rights reserved. This material and any other material on this platform may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, written or distributed in full or in part, without written permission from PREMIUM TIMES.