“If I had known Nigeria would find herself where we are today, I would have even taken the last drop of my blood to ensure it happened because it would have been in the greatest interest of the nation.”
– Former deputy senate president, Ibrahim Mantu regretting the failed third term (tenure elongation) project of the then Nigeria’s president, Olusegun Obasanjo (Source: Premium Times)
“Running for president shouldn’t be about delivering insults; it should be about delivering results.”
– U.S Democratic presidential candidate, Hillary Clinton alluding to the attacks and counter-attacks among the candidates of the Republican party (Source: The New York Times)
“This trial is borne from political mischief and malice associated with the timeliness and nature of this suit.”
– Nigeria’s Senate President, Bukola Saraki speaking through his aide, on his trial before the Code of Conduct Tribunal (Source: Facebook)
“You do not need 36 governors, 36 deputy governors, 36 ministers, special advisers, and so on. If you have that structure, you are first of all doomed to spending 80 or 90 per cent of everything you earn maintaining public officers.”
– Emir of Kano, Lamido Sanusi, arguing on the need to restructure Nigeria (Source: Premium Times)
“Nothing whatsoever justifies this brazen act of destruction meted out on the people of Agatu. My heart bleeds.”
Former senate president, David Mark lamenting on the killings in Agatu Local Government Area of Benue State by armed men suspected to be Fulani herdsmen (Source: Punch newspaper)
“Jonathan hated Rivers people so much that ordinary $1bn to clean up Ogoni land, he refused to pay.”
– Former governor of Rivers state, Chibuike Amaechi, on politics and development in Rivers (Source: Leadership newspaper)
“I am delighted to find the front door still open to me. I am glad to be home.”
– A renowned Nigerian columnist, Sonala Olumhense, informing his readers that he has returned to Punch newspaper where he said he began his journalism career in 1979 (Source: Daily Trust)
“If I’m strong enough to get kids into drugs, I can get them out of it.”
– Victor Sandoval Escalante, a 22-year old rehabilitated Mexican drug addict who said he wants to be an addiction counsellor and psychologist (Source: Al Jazeera)
“If you are cheated as many times as some people have been, please accept that being cheated is a possibility and please live with it.”
– Ugandan public officer, the Minister for General Duties in the Prime Minister’s Office, Tarsis Kabwegyere, telling election losers in his country to learn to accept poll results, irrespective of the malpractices (Source: Daily Monitor)
“I don’t believe they can change the Eiffel Tower for my statue, but if they can, I will stay here.”
– Swedish striker, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, stressing that he was leaving the French club, Paris Saint-Germain, at the end of the season, after firing them to a fourth successive Ligue 1 title (Source: Goal.com)
Support PREMIUM TIMES' journalism of integrity and credibility
Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.
TEXT AD: To advertise here . Call Willie +2347088095401...