“After this Sunday Oliseh debacle, we have definitely turned the corner. We are now going to start shopping for a well grounded and qualified foreign coach to tinker the team. Enough is enough.”
– President of the Nigeria Football Federation, Amaju Pinnick (Source: Vanguard newspaper)
“I will rather die in jail than for Ohanaeze Ndigbo to claim the glory of my release.”
– The detained leader of The Indigenous People of Biafra, Mr. Nnamdi Kanu reportedly kicked against Ohanaeze Ndigbo speaking or acting on behalf of IPOB (Source: Vanguard newspaper)
“The people of God and the church don’t need dirty money. They need hearts that are open to the mercy of God.”
– Pope Francis, during his weekly general audience in St. Peter’s Square at the Vatican, denouncing how the wealthy exploit the poor and working class for their own profit (Source: The Washington Post)
“This is not a love story about two inseparable young people: it is a story about pedophilia, child abduction, human trafficking, slavery, rape, impunity, wickedness and ritual sex, and Emir Sanusi has a case to answer.”
– A chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party, Femi Fani-Kayode on the alleged abduction of a teenager, Miss Ese Oruru from Bayelsa to Kano state by one Mr.Yunusa (Source: Premium Times)
“I wish I could stand up; but if I stand up, I will fall down.”
– Aged Nollywood actress, Bukky Ajayi, requesting for the audience understanding, while she sat down to receive the AMVCA 2016 Industry Merit Award in Lagos (Source: African Magic TV)
“We are going to apply sanctions to anybody given dollars officially by the Central Bank to import essential raw materials, (who then) goes to the parallel market to sell it. We will pursue them and we will punish them.”
– President Muhammadu Buhari (Source: Twitter)
“Conservatists shouldn’t be ashamed of capitalism; what we should do as conservatists is to couple capitalism with compassion.”
– U.S Republican presidential candidate, Ben Carson addressing theaudience at the Conservative Political Action Conference, National Habour, Maryland, U.S, where he announced his withdrawal from the U.S presidential race (Source: C-span)
“Until we make an example of people like (Senator Ahmed) Yerima, there will be thousands of Yunusas.”
– Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka on the alleged abduction of a teenager, Miss Ese Oruru by Mr. Yunusa (Source: Premium Times)
“The case against Saraki at the Code of Conduct Tribunal is not a case of corruption. It is a case of political persecution.”
– Senator Lanre Tejuoso and four other senators pledging their loyalty and support to the embattled Senate President, Bukola Saraki (Source: Premium Times)
“The consciousness of our people to stand up for their rights has been awakened.”
– The All Progressives Congress candidate in the April 2015 governorship election, Akwa Ibom state, Mr. Umana Umana on the Supreme Court judgment which upheld Governor Udom Emmanuel’s election (Source: The Nation newspaper)
Support PREMIUM TIMES' journalism of integrity and credibility
Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.
TEXT AD: To advertise here . Call Willie +2347088095401...