Nigeria’s superstar, Wizkid, has cancelled his homecoming concert earlier scheduled for December, and all shows in January 2017.
The 26-year-old musician made the announcement to his fans in Nigeria and Uganda on Twitter on Friday. He said he was acting on his doctor’s recommendation.
He said, “Team Wizkid and I have been on the road for over two years without observing any break”.
Wizkid however promised new music before the end of this year, and promised to be back, stronger and better.
For almost two years, the artiste, whose real name is Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun, has toured the world non-stop and had earlier arranged and announced his homecoming concert.
This was because he had not performed in Nigeria since the beginning of 2016.
Clearly Nigeria’s biggest male Afro-Pop artiste, the musician, who began his music career at age 11, has no doubt had a beautiful year.
Aside from winning the “Artiste of the Year” and Best Collaboration Act of Africa at the 2016 MTV MAMAs, he also emerged the “Best African Act” award at the 2016 MOBO awards in London.
He was also crowned the “Artiste of the Year” award at the third edition of AFRIMA.
The icing on the cake was no doubt his Grammy nomination courtesy of Drake‘s 2016 album, Views, which was nominated for Best Album.
Support PREMIUM TIMES' journalism of integrity and credibility
Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.
TEXT AD: To advertise here . Call Willie +2347088095401...