Rick Ross in Lagos

Arts & Entertainment

Rick Ross in Lagos, shoots video, tweets he’s joining ‘Oil Money Gang’


August 19, 2012

Rick Ross in Lagos

Rick Ross shoots music video in Nigeria and says he wants to join ‘the oil gang’.

Christabel Abiodun

American hip pop star, Rick Ross, was the lead act at the St. EVE’s Summer Jam Fest held on Friday, at the Eko Hotel and Suites, Lagos.

The Maybach Music star, held the stage down for close to two hours, performing his monster hits – ‘Blowing money fast’, ‘Hustlin’, ‘Hold me back’, ‘I’m not a star’, amongst other songs.

Other performers included Flavour, Terry G, Iyanya, Vector, Dammy Krane, Flowsickk, Eva, Zaina, Sheyi Shey, and other acts.

The South African duo, Liquideep were also on ground to delight the crowd

Thanks to twitter, eager fans had the opportunity to keep track of Rick Ross’ itinerary in Lagos.

Soon after the Hip Hop act landed in Lagos, he tweeted that he was on his way to The BEAT 99.9FM for a quick interview.

At intervals in the trip, the artiste made a few stops to film clips for a forthcoming documentary.

Shortly after, he tweeted again that while in Lagos for his Summer Jam Fest performance, he would take advantage of the opportunity to shoot a new music video.

And he kept to his words, as he stormed the streets around Sura market, Obalende, Lagos, to film the Nigerian version of his single ‘Hold me back’.

Joining the oil gang

The track is a single off his recently released fifth album ‘God Forgives, I Dont’.

During the shoot, Rick Ross tweeted, saying, “Filming in the slums in Lagos. I just bought out the whole grocery store and gave it to the village. #MMG presence strong in our homeland. Nigeria is rich with Oil. Generational wealth. I need some.”

An obviously elated Rick Ross later posted pictures of oil process base ships which were situated not far from shore.

“Lagos Oil Rig. I’m officially joining the ‘Oil Money Gang,” another tweet read.

The shoot, directed by Maybach Music official films director Spiff TV, started at about 1 p.m. and lasted for 2 hours.