One Direction’s Midnight Memories topped the album sales chart.
The musical works of African artistes were missing from the 2013 global album chart and global singles chart released by IFPI on Tuesday, March 18.
The U.K. boy band, One Direction, topped the 2013 global albums chart with Midnight Memories. The album was the fastest selling of 2013 in the U.K. and sold more than a million copies in its first five weeks of release in the U.S. It topped the charts in dozens of countries worldwide, from Australia to Sweden.
Rank Artist Album Total sales (m)
- One Direction Midnight Memories 4.0
- Eminem The Marshall Mathers LP 2 3.8
- Justin Timberlake The 20/20 Experience 3.6
- Bruno Mars Unorthodox Jukebox 3.2
- Daft Punk Random Access Memories 3.2
- Katy Perry PRISM 2.8
- Michael Bublé To Be Loved 2.4
- Imagine Dragons Night Visions 2.4
- Lady Gaga ARTPOP 2.3
- Beyoncé BEYONCÉ 2.3
The 2013 global singles chart was topped by Robin Thicke, the American-Canadian singer whose Blurred Lines topped the charts in 14 countries. The song was taken from his sixth studio album, also called Blurred Lines.
Rank. Artist Single Total units (m)
- Robin Thicke ft. T.I. and Pharrell; Blurred. Lines; 14.8
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Wanz; Thrift Shop; 13.4
- Avicii; Wake Me Up; 11.1
- P!nk ft. Nate Ruess; Just Give Me a Reason;
- Katy Perry; Roar; 9.9
- Daft Punk ft. Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers; Get Lucky; 9.3
- Imagine Dragons; Radioactive; 8.6
- Bruno Mars; When I Was Your Man; 8.3
- will.i.am ft. Britney Spears; Scream & Shout; 8.1
- Rihanna; Stay; 7.9
According to IFPI, units include single track downloads and track equivalent streams.
Support PREMIUM TIMES' journalism of integrity and credibility
Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.
TEXT AD: To advertise here . Call Willie +2347088095401...