Scheduled for November 2013, the stage for this year’s Nigerian Broadcasters Merit Awards is set as organiser unveils 36 award categories available for nomination.
According to the organisers, the general public can nominate via the website www.nigerianbroadcastersmeritawards.com or send names of nominee and the category to email@example.com or airwaveswatch@yahoo or via SMS to 08062126969.
Nomination closes Sunday, September 15, 2013.
See the full categories below.
1. Newscaster of the Year (TV) – This is strictly for newscasters of TV stations, which transmit both on the terrestrial and satellite/Digital channels.
(Criteria: Diction, Poise, and Fashion sense)
2. Radio Newscaster of the Year (English) – This category welcomes nominees from Radio stations with wider coverage and which probably have sister stations in other parts of the country.
Criteria: Good Radio voice, Good diction, and Fluency among other qualities.
3. Newscaster of the Year (Indigenous) – This category welcomes male and female nominees from TV and Radio stations across South, West and North
Criteria: fluency in choosing language, i.e Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo, Pidgin English…Etc, and a Great Sense of Humour.
4. News Reporter of The Year (TV only)
Criteria: Consistency, Investigative reporting…etc)
5. TV Station of the Year (National)
Criteria: Must be transmitting both on terrestrial and satellite/ Digital Channel, production quality and content)
6. TV Station of the year (Regional) -This is strictly for terrestrial TV stations
Criteria: Nominee must be a State or Private TV station, Wide Viewership, Production quality and Good content)
7. TV Channel Of The Year
Criteria: 24-hour Channel on pay Satellite/Digital TV, Large viewership and Good content
8. Music Channel Of The Year (TV)
Criteria: Good content, High production quality and must be syndicated on at least three TV stations, or running on pay Satellite/Digital Channel.
9. Radio Station of the Year-
Criteria: Production quality, Good coverage, Great content and Wide/Large listenership.
10. Most Listened-to Radio Station
Criteria: The station must have Huge listenership and followership both on-air and online
11. Best Indigenous Radio Station
12. Campus Radio Station of the year
13. Campus Radio Presenter of the Year
14. On-line Radio Station of the Year
15. On-line Radio Presenter of the year
16. Best Pay Digital TV Channel provider
Criteria: Number of Services/Bouquets offered, and Total of ‘Quality’ channels)
17. TV Programme of the Year
Criteria: Must be Syndicated or run on Satellite/Digital TV channel, Good concept/content, Consistency and Large viewership)
18. Radio programme of the Year
Criteria; It has to be a live programme; have a good concept and large audience.
– Talk Show
19. Most Popular In-House DJ
Criteria: Must work at a radio or TV station; must be skillful and Very consistent.
20. Most Popular TV presenter
Criteria: Must host a syndicated programme, or a programme running on satellite/digital TV Channels. Additional requirements: Composure, Follower-ship, and Style.
(Talk Show, Entertainment, Reality Show, etc)
21. Most Popular Radio Presenter
Criteria: Creativity, Voice quality and Follower-ship.
– Sports (This welcomes nominees from the 4 regions …Central, South-West, South-East and North)
22. Most Popular Indigenous Presenter (Radio/ TV) – This also welcomes nominees from the 4 regions…Central, South-West, South-East and North)
23. Corporate Organization of the Year
Criteria; It must be supportive in terms of Programmes sponsorship, Public acceptance, CSR and Advert placements.
24. Outstanding Young Presenter of the Year (TV/Radio)
Criteria: He or she should be within the age range of 21 and 35. Add Creativity, and Follower-ship.
25. Sexiest On-Air Personality
Criteria: Good body frame, Fashion sense, Carriage and Good diction.
26. Print Media of the Year:
Criteria: A nominee for Print Media of the Year must be supportive in terms of news dissemination involving issues around the electronic media, i.e. having a dedicated page or column for stories about On-Air Personalities, electronic media programmes and other TV/Radio content.
27. Best New Radio Station
Criteria: Station must be relatively new and be regarded as innovative and fast-rising.
28. Actor of the Year – This is in memory of Late Ambassador Segun Olusola. It’s a ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘Viewers’ choice award category, and it welcomes nominees from Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa movie genres.
Criteria: Popularity, creativity and versatility. The nominees must feature in popular TV drama, soap opera or in high numbers of home videos shown on TV
29- Artiste of The Year- (This is both a Viewers and Listeners’ choice award category)
Criteria: Good lyrical content, production quality…Etc Nominees must have released a CD (Album) between November 2012 and November 2013, or must have released up to 5 single tracks with minimum of 3 musical videos between November 2012 and November 2013.
30. Producer of the Year
This category welcomes nominees from within the production crew of Sports, News, Entertainment and other informative programmes departments.
31. Cameraman of the Year (Male and female)
Criteria: Consistency and high numbers of top News, stories/events covered
32. African TV Presenter of the Year
This category also invites nominees from all African countries. He and she must be a presenter of popular programmes on satellite/Digital TV channels.
33. Indigenous TV Channel of the Year
This Category welcomes nomination of indigenous TV channels i.e Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo on Satellite/ digital stations.
34. Station Director/ Manager of the Year
35. Website of the Year- This category is strictly for one- stop websites that cover News, Lifestyle, Sport, Event, Entertainment, Technology… etc.
Criteria: Authoritative, Informative, Educative and Entertaining
36. Blog/website of the Year- This category is mainly for blogs, and/or websites that focus on scoops, fashion, events, Lifestyle.. etc)
Criteria- Authoritative, Entertaining, and First with the News