Total crude oil and condensates lifting for both domestic and export markets was about 62.32 million barrels for the month of July, petroleum information data from the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has shown.
From the figure, multinational oil companies accounted for about 40.33 million barrels, or 64.72 per cent, of the lifting, while the NNPC lifted about 35.28 million barrels, or 35.28 per cent.
Liftings by fiscal regime showed that the joint venture companies (JVCs) accounted for 31.64 million barrels; production sharing contract (PSC)/service contract (SC) operators, 26.04 million barrels, and other independent operators 4.63 million barrels.
Out of NNPC’s total liftings of 21.98 million barrels, 17.74 million barrels was for Federation Account, which included allocations to the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR), Pipelines and Products Marketing Company (PPMC) Offshore and Crude Exchange & MCA lifting.
About 4.24 million barrels was for domestic use, out of which only 2.86 million barrels was supplied to the local refineries and the remaining was exported.
Crude oil lifting by alternative funding arrangement accounted for about 7.09 million barrels, with NNPC lifting 4.63 million barrels (about 65.36 per cent), while the JVC companies, including ExxonMobil and Nigerian Agip Oil Company (NAOC) lifted 2.45 million barrels, or 36.64 per cent.
Nigeria’s crude oil export go to five regions of the world, including North America, Europe, Africa and South America, with Asia as the major customer.
As a result of the non-availability of data on wellhead production from some companies, the report said the total volume of 58.31 million barrels of wellhead production was short of the actual figure.
But terminal (fiscalised) production total for the month was about 63.72 million barrels, representing 2.06 million barrels per day, lower by 1.91 per cent than the June production of 64.94 million barrels, or 2.16 million barrels per day.
On natural gas production and utilization, the report said a total of about 222.8 billion standard cubic feet (BSCF) of the commodity was produced during the month.
The production figure, the report said, was higher by 8.40 BSCF than the June figure of 199.44 BSCF, with about 13.06 per cent of the total production volume flared, while the rest (about 86.94 per cent) was utilized.
The Natural Gas Liquid (NGL) Inventory showed that total NGL produced for the month of July 2014 was 110,090 metric tons (MT) out of which ExxonMobil accounted for about 51 per cent (about 56,146 MT) and NNPC 49 per cent (about 53,944 MT).
From the figure, a total of 85,222 MT was lifted for the month, including 46,756 MT by ExxonMobil and 38,466 MT by NNPC.
On refinery operations, a total of 496,000 MT of dry crude oil, condensate and slop was received by the refineries in Kaduna, Port Harcourt and Warri.
With an opening crude stock of 470,000 MT, the report said total crude oil available for processing by the three refineries was about 966,000 MT, out of which 334,000 MT was actually processed.
Total national domestic refining took about 478,000 MT of finished and intermediate products, with the PPMC, which lifted products from the refineries, evacuating 399,000 MT of petroleum products.
Apart from Port Harcourt refinery, which did not function during the month, Kaduna refinery capacity utilization averaged 19.4 per cent, while Warri refinery capacity averaged 46.71 per cent.
Altogether, about 38,955 MT of the products were utilized by the three either as fuel or losses by the refineries, with consumption as fuel taking 10.29 per cent, and flare 2.8 percent.
Domestic petroleum products distribution statistics revealed that the NNPC Retail Limited and Independent Petroleum Products Marketing Companies distributed about 389.86 million litres of various petroleum products in the 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
The total figures during the month increase 22.98 million litre, or 6.26 per cent when compared with the total volume of 366.98 million distributed in June.
Besides, distribution by products category showed that Premium Motor Spirit (PMS), otherwise called petrol, had highest figure of 283.68 million litres (about 72.26 per cent) of the total reflecting.
Average daily sales of 9.15 million litres was followed by Household Kerosene (HHK) with total sales figure of 48.50 million litres (12.44 percent) averaging 1.02 million litres per day.
Automotive Gas Oil (AGO) was third in the petroleum products distribution slate, with total figure 31.62 million litres (8.11 per cent), giving an average daily figure of1.02 million litres.
Low Pour Fuel Oil (LPFO) and other products constituted the remaining part of the distribution.