Thursday, April 24, 2014

West Brom, Osaze Odemwingie settle rift

Published:

Osaze Odemwingie

The strained relationship between English Premier League side, West Bromwich Albion, and their Nigerian striker, Peter Osaze Odemwingie, has finally been mended. This was confirmed in an official statement from the Hawthorns on Friday indicating the resolution.

The club on said they have taken disciplinary action against Odemwingie in respect of his conduct over the past fortnight in which he tried to force a move to Queens Park Rangers.

The 31-year-old Nigerian striker has accepted his punishment and will now resume full training with his team-mates, which makes him available for first-team selection.

In an official statement on West Brom’s website, Odemwingie said: “I understand how my actions have been viewed and want to apologise to the club and our supporters for any distress I have caused.

“I want to reassure everyone at the club and our fans that I will continue to give my all whenever I am selected.

“We have enjoyed a good season so far and I aim to play my part in keeping the club as high up the table as possible.”

Also Chairman of the club, Jeremy Peace, said: “This has been an extremely difficult time for the club and it was imperative that we dealt with such a serious matter both fully and correctly.

“We have made our position very clear throughout – both privately to Peter and publicly.

“Peter has apologised for his conduct to me personally and the club and our supporters as a whole.

“He has accepted his punishment and promised to comply with all club regulations moving forward.

“It was important that we resolved this episode as expediently as possible to enable everyone to focus on the most important issue at this club – competing in the Premier League.”

West Brom pointed out they will be making no further comment on Osaze’s saga.

GTBank SME MarketHub campaign