Two police officers, others killed in Osun bank robbery


Daredevil robbers have killed two policemen and two officials of a commercial bank during an operation in Ikirun, Ifelodum Local Government Area of Osun State, Southwest Nigeria.

The Osun State Commissioner of Police, Kola Sodipo, made this know while addressing newsmen in Osogbo.

Mr. Sodipo said the robbers shot at the policemen first before raiding banks located in the area, on Friday.

The robbers invaded Skye Bank, First Bank and Union Bank in Ikirun. .

But the state police boss said the swift response by his men foiled the robbery operation, adding that four of the robbers were killed while four were arrested.

“It would be recalled that on Feb. 12, at 15:45 hour, a distress call was received that men suspected to be armed robbers invaded Skye Bank, First Bank and Union Bank located on the same street in Ikirun, Mr. Sodipo said.

“Swift response by the police repelled the attack,” he said.

He gave the names of the arrested suspects as: Aderibigbe Oluwaseun, 23, Ndubusi David, 21, Ayuba Salisu, 26 and Nuhu Jimoh, 21.
Sodipo said the police recovered N7, 486, 300, three AK riffles with 124 rounds of ammunition, one assault rifle with 12 rounds of live ammunition, expended shells of ammunition and dynamite from the hoodlums.

A standby Nissan Sunny car which the robbers wanted to use for escape was also recovered.

He said he had visited the robbery scene for on-the-spot assessment and swept the area with the command’s bomb disposal unit to detect and recover undetonated improvised explosive devices, IEDs.

“A diligent investigation is ongoing for the arrest of other syndicate members,” Sodipo said.

The suspected robbers were paraded before newsmen with the money and ammunition recovered from them.

All rights reserved. This material and any other material on this platform may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, written or distributed in full or in part, without written permission from PREMIUM TIMES.

Text Ad:Before Now My Husband Had a Small Manhood and Could not Last More than 2 Minutes, now the story has changed. Click here to read our testimony.