Boko Haram attacks commercial vehicles escorted by troops, kill 6

Nigeria-Army-in-Baga-600x330

The Nigerian Army says six people were killed on Monday in Borno in an attack by Boko Haram terrorists.

The acting Director of Army Public Relations, Sani Usman, said the incident happened when the militants ambushed troops escorting commercial vehicles from Damboa to Maiduguri, at Sanda general area.

According to him, three soldiers, who sustained injuries during incident had been evacuated to Maiduguri.

“Consequently, another robust patrol team has been despatched to reinforce the troops, clear the general area and pursue the terrorists,” Mr. Usman said in a statement.

‪”This unfortunate incident has brought to the fore the need for more vigilance and cooperation amongst all.

‪”We would like to assure the public that we would not allow this isolated incident to thwart the peace and security commuters enjoy along the route and all other opened routes in the North East,” he said.

‪Mr. Usman said troops were going after the attackers and would not relent until they were apprehended or killed.

“Additional security measures have also been put in place to avert reoccurrence,” he said.

‪Meanwhile, Mr. Usman said the reported attack near Chibok, did not take place close to a church.

‪”What happened was that two persons were murdered at Kwamjilari village, which is over 30 kilometres from Chibok, and very close to Sambisa forest, by suspected remnants of Boko Haram terrorists looking for food.

‪”We wish to reiterate that they weren’t killed outside or near a church as being rumoured.

”The people from the said village are all in Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) camp in Chibok.

‪”Those who went back to the village without authorisation were moved back to Chibok two weeks ago.

‪”Those killed went back on their own contrary to security advice,” he said.

‪He said a patrol team was sent from Chibok to the village this morning, adding that adequate measures would be taken to ensure no one goes back to the village for now. (NAN)

All rights reserved. This material and any other material on this platform may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, written or distributed in full or in part, without written permission from PREMIUM TIMES.


  • Public Record

    Today, i can report to you that the
    entire 70 plus kilometres stretch from Maiduguri to Bama and all the way to
    Banki which leads to Cameroun and the Central African Republic are in the hands
    of our gallant troops. They have so degraded the capacity of Boko Haram that
    the terrorists can no longer hold on to any territory just as they can no
    longer carry out any spectacular attack.”

    ………….(General) Lai Muhammed of APC party

    [December 23, 2015]

    • Solomon Brown

      Wanda ka karya

  • Realitytalk

    They are been dealt with properly by the nigeria army and they are now crying, kudos nigeria army

    • Otile

      I miss Imam Abu Qaqa.

  • share Idea

    Nigerian army is now calling BH terrorist – militants. Nigeria we hail thee

  • onyearmy

    Everyone has joined the fray of liars. Nigerians were told that not an inch of their territory is under BH control. Yet BH controls a large swath of the lands in the entire NE.

  • Es3

    Is this not the same Boko Haram that we were told “had been defeated” by Buhari/APC government so much that they are “no more capable of attacking Nigerians or the military again”???!

  • Otile

    Imam Abu Shekau lives on.