Nigerian military says it frees 107 kidnapped female students, 8 still missing

soldiers

“With this development, the Principal of the School confirmed that only 8 of the students are still missing.”

The Nigerian military has confirmed that it has freed majority of the 129 female students of the Government Girls’ Secondary School, Chibok, Borno State.

The students were kidnapped on Monday night by suspected Boko Haram members.

In a statement on Wednesday evening, the spokesperson of the Defence Headquarters, DHQ, Chris Olukolade, confirmed that only 8 of the girls were still held captive by the insurgents.

Of the 129 kidnapped students, the Borno State Governor, Kashim Shettima, earlier in the day confirmed that 14 of the girls escaped from their abductors.

“More students of the Government Girls’ Secondary School, Chibok have been freed this evening in the on-going search and rescue operations to free the abducted students,” Mr. Olukolade, a Major General, said. “With this development, the Principal of the School confirmed that only 8 of the students are still missing. One of the terrorists who carried out the attack on the school has also been captured.”

“Efforts are underway to locate the remaining 8 students.”

With 14 of the girls escaping on their own, and 8 still unaccounted for, it implies the military freed 107 of the kidnapped female students.

Foramfera

Details later…

All rights reserved. This material and any other material on this platform may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, written or distributed in full or in part, without written permission from PREMIUM TIMES.


Text Ad:Before Now My Husband Had a Small Manhood and Could not Last More than 2 Minutes, now the story has changed. Click here to read our testimony.