Club Quilox has issued a statement in the aftermath of the brawl between popular Nigerian singer, Oritsefemi, and a member of the security team at the nightclub on Saturday.
In the statement, signed by the PR and Marketing Manager of Quilox, Jessica Ulo Oputa, and sent to PREMIUM TIMES, the management of the club, refuted Oritsefemi’s claim that N8.5 million worth of jewellery was stolen by the club’s bouncers.
To back their claim, Quilox also attached graphic pictures and a video of the bouncer the musician assaulted.
See the statement below
In the early hours of the November 12, 2016, an unfortunate incident occurred between music act Oritsefemi and a member of the security team at Club Quilox
The incident started at about 2 a.m. Saturday morning when Oritsefemi came into Quilox without prior reservations or table bookings. It is important to note that tables are allocated to customers who have made prior paid table bookings in advance of their arrival except such customer is a patron or member of the club and tables are allocated according to availability in such case. However Oritsefemi who did not fall into any of the categories above approached a patron and after pleading was accommodated on patrons table, but with the understanding that other guests of the said patron were still being expected to join the table shortly which Oritsefemi agreed to. It is important to note that this is a table that could only accommodate a maximum of six people.
In a surprising turn of events, Oristsefemi who was drinking from the patrons’ bottle, threw caution to the wind by attempting to sit eight of his guests at the table, the surprised Patron strongly rejected such effrontery and invited the bouncer guarding the floor to intervene.
The bouncer politely approached Oritsefemi and told him that the Patron who owned the table did not want any of Oritsefemi’s guest joining in as the patrons guests were still being expected. However, Oritsefemi in a fit of unprovoked rage slapped the bouncer then proceeded to breaking a glass in his hand and stabbing him in the eye. Despite his position or the power he thinks he has as a celebrity, this is not an excuse for inflicting grave bodily harm on another human being.
The scene quickly became rowdy as other customers rushed to the table and confronted the artist for his violent behaviour, our security team quickly stepped in to salvage the situation by carrying Oritsefemi out of the club (this is our standard procedure for violent altercations) while other members of staff focused on giving First aid treatment to the bouncer who almost lost his eye and had already lost so much blood. Oritsefemi faced by an enraged crowd outside and perhaps realizing the gravity of his offense pretended to collapse. The artist and the bouncer were subsequently rushed to a nearby hospital
The bouncer affected insisted on pressing charges as thus he and Oritsefemi went from the hospital Bar Beach police station, where Oritsefemi accepted his offense and pleaded for mercy, he was granted bail at November 12 and 13 and advised to report back to the station on Tuesday November 15, 2016.
We were hesitant to release a press statement as several well meaning people have attempted to intercede on behalf of the artist, but after his malicious and grossly false account of the events that occurred, it is only fair that we defend the integrity and ethos of our organization.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO NOTE ARE
– Quilox is the number one luxury lifestyle brand in Nigeria, all areas of our establishment are premium as thus the allegation of denying access of certain people to certain areas is completely unfounded. This particular issue happened on a table of six at the upstairs part of the club, not in the entire VIP area.
– Quilox treats all our patrons with the utmost respect and dignity, our professionalism and uncompromising customer service is what has kept us at the peak for so long, the poorly worded statement by Oritsefemi’s media team claiming our CEO made derogatory remarks towards our loyal clientele(A list celebrities) is reasons best known to him, because instead of taking responsibility for his actions, him and his management are looking for artists support, and to what cause?
– Club Quilox did not press charges against the artist despite his unruly behaviour at our establishment, however the bouncer in question has signified his intention to pursue his fundamental human rights due to the grave bodily harm that befell him.
– The music industry veteran – Sound Sultan is a member of the Quilox family and cousin to our CEO as thus it is impossible for him to be treated in the manner Oritsefemi implied, as a matter of fact he was one of those who quickly diffused the situation before it got out of hand.
– Club Quilox prides itself on the premium luxury lifestyle experience we provide our patrons, we abhor violence and do not support or condone any such acts on our premises.
– Oritsefemi did not report ANY missing jewellery in his statement at the Bar beach Police Station neither did he make any report to the management of Club Quilox.